We have moved to a new site bombaynerds.com

Tuesday, 12 June 2012

ON PROMETHEUS

So Prometheus came out.
People watched it.
Alien fanboys (like me) watched it. It was a movie they thought they'd love... it was a movie they thought that would usher in Ridley Scott's return to form after the lacklustre Robin Hood. 
But they were wrong. They were so wrong.
What they expected was something like 2001. What they got wasn't.



But what they got wasn't a bad film. It was a fairly good science fiction film, especially considering the output of scifi films of late.
It looked stunning as hell. And it was absolutely brilliant.
True, it raised too many questions, and it answered next to nothing, but it intrigued me. And I loved it. Even though it isn't the great scifi I hoped it would be, but I loved the living hell out of it. The only problem I had with it was the characters. They were too badly written and I didn't give a darn about any of them. These were great actors playing awful characters.
But that didn't matter to me. I didn't go for characters, or a story (the things that I usually look for in a film), but I went for it's ability to stun, to ask questions.
Maybe I liked it because I love to think of films long after they're done. Maybe I liked it because I love answering questions oft unanswered in films.
I think that's why I loved it.
Go watch it.
And if you already have, read on.
So go ahead, ask away in the comments any questions you have about Prometheus, and I'll try answering them.
Aye. There will be spoilers in the comments (obviously)

3 comments:

  1. i haven't seen the movie yet, but i wanna know, how was the background score of the movie?

    ReplyDelete

                             This site is too hot for Internet Explorer. We recommend that you use Google Chrome.