We have moved to a new site bombaynerds.com

Monday, 28 May 2012

Top 10 Nerd Songs by Stark

Have you ever come across a Nerd?

Generally people think of Nerds as silly kids sitting in a poorly lit room on a couch doing random stuff on their computers or playing consoles instead of doing real physical activities.

And how unaware they are of being incorrect in the deepest possible sense.

Nerds are actually kids with smartness levels way too much to be handled by our society. So much, that some people don't even get what they talk most of the time. They are hence branded unfit for induction in social circles.
What people actually lack is the Intellectual Capacity to fathom so much information.


On one side we have kids who change their dates faster than underwear, do all the possible illegal stuff before they are off age and that is apparently "cool" these days.

Us Nerds, on the other hand,
instead of swag, we have brains.
instead of ranting about our parents on the net, we sit and have dinner with our family every night.
instead of bullying little kids, we do more social service than what others even know about.
instead of dating juniors, we run our own NGO's and teach slum kids in our free time.
instead of underage boozing, we play more strategy than what the hipsters can even spell. 
instead of emotionally hurting girls, we try becoming loving kids, siblings and friends.



The universe too works in a very strange fashion indeed.
Girls go bonkers behind guys with swag, fake accents and personality complexes who would probably end up using them for public appraisal, 
instead of guys with real brains and potentials to do something so huge that the World itself would look small.

Sadly that's our World.

Probably in a Parallel Universe things would be panning out differently.

The same hipsters have enjoyed Superman, Iron Man, Batman, Avengers, etcetera and they have NO CLUE we Nerds already knew the story of that movie and 15 sequels that would follow it.
When we disclose it to them they remain shocked and make up their mind we have no real life.
Actually, we have a life 20 times better, and it gets 100 times better every year at Comic Con.


Now I am a Nerd. 
And I absolutely love being one.
It gives me the feeling that I'm smarter than Gigatons of hipsters around our Galaxy.

Since this Blog is BY the Nerds and absolutely FOR the Nerds, 
I decided to list down the Top 10 Nerd Tracks off all time! 

Sort of a tribute to all Nerds out there :)

So here it is:

10)Reboot by Optimus Rhyme:  "Ready to Spark that shit..."

Cool lyrics, mostly based on the standard 4/4 Bass Line. Very monotonous. But nice rap.
Cannot really differentiate between chorus and stanzas in the first listen.




9)Super Shiny Metal by Optimus Rhyme: "That nurse has super shiny metal...."

The thing with Optimus Rhyme is that they use very limited instruments but with great lyrics it comes out brilliantly. Did not explore the lead much where it should have, but the bass and rap are pretty nice.
Nice jingling chorus. Says a great story. Worth a listen.




8)Superman's Song by Crash Test Dummies: "Tarzan wasn't a ladies man..He'd just come along and scoop em"

Canadian Soft Rock. This song was composed 3 years before I was even born! It compares Tarzan to Superman and how Superman is better in every aspect. You can't explore much in Soft Rock really, it's gotta be more of a Piano with arpeggios based music. With the addition of electric leads it becomes Alternative Rock. So it's tough to juggle with one genre, unless you're exceptionally great like Crash Test Dummies.
Funny lyrics. Video is average though.




7)Man or Muppet by Disney's Muppets: "If I'm a Muppet, then I'm a very manly Muppet.."

Jason Segel in this absolutely FAB video. He's at a crossroads when his girlfriend ditches him for being confused whether he's a man or a muppet. Muppet fans would LOVE this. Or I'd say Muppet fans have already seen this one. Good lyrics. Liked the overall tone.




6)Bully Shinedown: "All you'd ever be..is the faint memory...of a bully.."

Hard rock and nothing more is expected out of Shinedown. For those of you who loved The Expendables (Statham, Stallone) the theme song is given by Shinedown. Nice lyrics. Brilliant choice of chords. The chorus is specially rocking as there is a slight transition from the final chord of the 1-3-5  progression to the final chord of a 1-4-6 progression. Needless to say, great with the drums and the bass.




5)I'm a Nerd by Joshua Desjardins: "I'm a Nerd...and I'm proud of it.."

It's a hit single. I think you all would agree when I say the video looks like a cheap spoof/parody. Sure the lyrics are super-fab. Electronic beats make it very monotonous. And personally, I don't like Joshua's face! Still, worth a watch for every Nerd out there! 




4)Big Bang Theory (Title Track) by Barenaked Ladies: "It all started with a Big Bang..."

How's it even possible that when I mention Nerds, I rule out Sheldon and Team out of Newton's String Equation! They are THE Nerds, the ones Geeks all around the world look up to. The soundtrack is familiar to me since a long time, as this show was one of my top favorites even when I was a kid. It's got great lyrics. It belongs more to the Jingle category with electric rhythms. If you really are a Nerd, you already know this song by-heart! 


3)Nerd Rage by Your Favorite Martian: "burn every copy of Transformers 4...."

One HELL of an amazing video. Crazy animations looks really awesome. The lyrics are super-fab! Reminds me of our Movie Expert Bob! In case you have not seen this video yet, PLEASE do see it. It's officially gonna compete your Nerd-entity. It'll definitely explain the things Nerds go mad about. Do watch.
PS: Will not insert video here. See it, and you'll know why.




2)Do You Wanna Date My Avatar by The Guild: "You'll never see my actual face..our love will be in virtual space.."

Written, composed and sung by Felicia Day, another fab Nerd of our times. Extremely talented. I absolutely LOVE all of her works, in The Guild and Dr. Horrible especially. I love this video, since I'm a huge fan of The Guild and the characters come out really well! Awesome lyrics, and brilliant video. The direction looks superb. Mostly soft electronic music, but sounds beautiful. I recommend.




1)I'm the One that's Cool by The Guild: "you played sports..I played Magical Gatherings.."

Another Guild track and it's on the top of my list for a reason. Every Nerd can relate to it. We kick ass and the video shows how! Great drums, rhythm and lyrics as always super-fab thanks to Felicia Day. Directed by Jed Whedon, brilliant as ever. Tink is seriously my favorite! Do watch. Highly recommended. 



So this is my Top 10 list of some crazy-ass Nerd tracks. 
Let me know how you feel about it! :)
Have fun Nerds, we ROCK!
  



3 comments:

  1. Blah. -Roz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're a nerd too Roz
    accept it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Roz's spirited reply.

    I'm a quasi-nerd with a hint of jock and a splash of hipster and I think this is a bullshit representation of true and proper nerds. This is more relatable to the guys who weren't cool enough to be accepted BY the nerds and social rejects. This is more like wannabe-nerd than actual nerd. Your title is misleading and pointless. You've indulged heavily in what YOU believe is defending nerds and the addition of the songs is just kind of an auxiliary to it. And then you've added your own very subjective opinions to the songs you're recommending instead of supplying objective information that readers can build their own opinions on.

    Also why would you devote such a great deal of time and effort to defend nerd culture now? You DO know how mainstream it's gotten right?

    Final conclusion: You need a 101 class on article-writing and your Nerd Membership Card needs to be revoked for failure to properly represent them.
    Cheers and keep writing!

    - Stealthy Spider

    ReplyDelete

                             This site is too hot for Internet Explorer. We recommend that you use Google Chrome.